Activate the digital signature of the Digital Mobile Key
With the Digital Mobile Key, you can sign digital documents using your phone. The signature with the Digital Mobile Key uses digital certificates recognized in the European Union and has the same validity as a written signature.
Learn where you can carry out the service and what are the advantages of each channel
You need to have activated the Digital Mobile Key at a desk or on the Autenticação.gov portal
Free of charge
Activation is done in the reserved area of the Autenticação.gov portal
This service can be done with video call support. Click on the "Support" button on the right side of the page and schedule
Activate at a desk
If you have activated the Digital Mobile Key through the Portal das Finanças (Finances Portal) or the TV BOX, you must activate the digital signature in person
Free of charge
Consult the "HOW TO" field to find out where you can activate the digital signature of the Digital Mobile Key
Search for a point of service near you:
Who can activate the digital signature of the Digital Mobile Key?
How activate the digital signature of the Digital Mobile Key?
You can activate the signature of the Digital Mobile Key as soon as you activate the Digital Mobile Key or at a later date.
If you activated the Digital Mobile Key in the reserved area of the Autenticação.gov portal, you can activate the digital signature of your Digital Mobile Key in the reserved area of the Autenticação.gov portal.
- Login with your Citizen Card or CMD
- In your reserved area choose "My Mobile Digital Key".
- In the "Mobile Digital Key Data" section click on "Edit" in the "Digital Signature" field
- Set a signature PIN (It can be the same you use for your CMD)
- To complete the activation enter the validation code you received on the mobile phone number associated to the CMD.
If you activated the Digital Mobile Key via Portal das Finanças (Finances Portal) or in person, you must activate the digital signature of the Digital Mobile Key at a service desk which provides the activation of the Digital Mobile Key:
- Citizen Spots and Business Spots
- IRN Services
- Criminal Record services or secretariats of the courts
- Portuguese Consular stations
- Service desks of the National Registry of Vital Testimony (RENTEV) of the National Health Service (SNS)
- Service desks of the Integrated Network of Citizen’s Support (RIAC) of the Azores
When you activate the digital signature, you must associate a PIN code which is requested whenever you sign a digital document. You may choose to use the same PIN code of the Digital Mobile Key or choose a new code.