How can you Pay the tax of a vehicle purchased abroad?
The request must be carried out online, on the Tax Authority Portal.
- Access the Tax Authority Portal and login with your taxpayer number and password of the Tax Authority Portal.
- Go to Customs Services > IEC/ISV > Vehicles Customs Declaration (DAV) > DAV - create DAV.
- Fill in and submit the DAV and the necessary documents. Save the DAV’s number generated by the computer system. You may use this number to consult or print the DAV at Consultations > Consult DAV. You may also monitor the vehicle’s tax regularisation process.
- Pay the tax within 10 business days from the submission of the DAV, using the references on the DUC - Single Collection Document. This document is automatically generated when you submit the DAV.
To access the DAV, you must be registered in the Automobile Taxation System
You may only access the electronic DAV at the Tax Authority Portal after you are registered in the Automobile Taxation System. To be registered:
- Login on the Tax Authority Portal.
- Access Customs > Registration.
- Fill in the registration form’s data.
- When the registration is accepted, you may access the DAV, logging in again on the Tax Authority Portal.