Who can get clarification on complaint of the grant practice?

The complainant (s) must represent a significant proportion of the EU industry. In practice, this means that the complainant must have the support of European producers representing at least 25% of the Union's total production.

Undertakings may choose as a representative a natural or legal person, a non-legal association or an ad hoc association set up to represent individual undertakings to collect the necessary information and submit it to the Commission.

However, the representative must prove that he has been authorized to act on behalf of the industry. Experience shows that a European association is generally better placed to do so. However, if there is no European confederation or national associations, companies may, individually, submit a case directly to the Commission.