How can you File a criminal complaint to the Criminal Police?


On the location

Go to one of the Policia Judiciária (Criminal Police) stations and identify yourself with your Citizen Card (or identity document, passport or residence permit).

You may file a complaint for any crime, even if that crime does not fall within the Policia Judiciária (Criminal Police's) competence. In such cases, your complaint will be forwarded to the Public Prosecution or to another entity which can handle the issue.