How can you Request the temporary Citizen Card?
You must make the request in person
To request the card, go to one of the following service locations and bring the necessary documents with you:
- Service desks of the Instituto dos Registos e do Notariado (Registries and Notary Institute).
- Citizen Bureaus, which provide this service.
- Services of the Autonomous Region of Madeira.
- RIAC Bureaus, at the Autonomous Region of the Azores.
The temporary card:
- is delivered on the same day or on the following business day
- is valid for 90 days.
When you request the card, you must choose its collection point
You may choose one of the following locations:
- Azores - Civil Registry Office of Ponta Delgada and Civil Registry Office of Angra do Heroísmo.
- Aveiro - Civil Registry Office of Aveiro.
- Braga - Civil Registry Office of Braga.
- Castelo Branco - Civil Registry Office of Castelo Branco.
- Coimbra - Citizen’s Bureau of Coimbra.
- Évora - Civil Registry Office of Évora.
- Faro - Civil Registry Office of Faro.
- Lisbon - Reception Desk of the Civil Identification Department (Justice Campus).
- Madeira - Civil Registry Office of Funchal.
- Porto - Reception Desk of the Departamento de Identificação Civil (DIC) (Civil Identification Department).