Who can Request the social unemployment benefit?
To the initial unemployment benefit are entitled the below listed individuals who meet the assignment conditions:
- Workers resident on national territory, covered by the general social security scheme of dependent employment, who:
- Had an employment contract and became unemployed or
- Suspended the employment contract due to wage arrears.
- Invalidity pensioners of the general social security scheme, deemed apt for work by an exam of invalidity’s review and currently unemployed
- Workers of the customs sector
- Basic and secondary education teachers
- Former soldiers on a contract/volunteering regime
- Domestic workers if their contributions were calculated based on the real wage
- Undifferentiated agricultural workers, if their contributions were calculated based on the real wage.
- To the social unemployment benefit subsequent to the unemployment benefit are entitled the individuals who finished the concession period of the unemployment benefit, remain unemployed and meet the assignment conditions.