Who can Request an increase of the unemployment benefit?

To the surcharge of the unemployment benefit are entitled the individuals who:

  • on the same household, both spouses or individuals on a non-marital relationship receive an unemployment benefit and have children or those treated as children under their responsibility
  • The surcharge is assigned to each beneficiary and if one of them stops receiving the unemployment benefit and starts receiving a subsequent social unemployment benefit or, remaining on an unemployment situation, does not receive any instalment for this purpose, the other beneficiary continues to receive the surcharge
  • on a single-parent household, the single parent receives an unemployment benefit.