Accessing Institute for Employment and Vocational Training (IEFP) Services
At the Institute for Employment and Vocational Training (IEFP) you can access services related to registration at the job center, job search and vocational training, among others. Access to these services, as well as the clarification of doubts, can be done online, by video call, at the desk or by telephone.
This page provides information on:
Some IMT services can be done online through Iefponline portal from your computer or smartphone.
1. Search for the service you want to use
To find out if the service you want to access can be done on Iefponline, use the ePortugal search bar (at the top of this page) and search for the service. You can also search the IEFP portal for more information about the services.
All pages give information about the channels through which you can perform the services you will need. IEFP services that can be used online have a link to Iefponline.
2. Choose a means of authentication
You can access Iefponline with one of the following tools:
- your Social Security Identification Number (NISS)
- an activated Digital Mobile Key (CMD)
- a smartcard reader for your Citizen Card (in this case you will also need the card's authentication code).
Is the service you are looking for any of these?
A number of services can be accessed using the iefponline portal, such as:
IEFP offers support by video call, in individual and group sessions, for those who have already registered with a job centre.
In individual sessions, you can validate your registration for employment and find job vacancies and employment measures, etc.
Group sessions provide information to several people at the same time on their rights and duties, unemployment benefit rules and how to use the services on the iefponline portal, such as applying for job vacancies.
To find out how to participate in IEFP videoconferences, please read the FAQ on services by videoconference section.
The face-to-face service at IEFP does not need to be scheduled, but we recommend that you do so.
You can schedule an appointment for the following services:
- General attendance, declarations, changes/updates
- Registration / re-registration for employment, with or without application for unemployment benefit
- Search for job offers
- Recruitment of workers
- Programs and measures
- Answers to training, Qualifica Center and other supports.
The appointment is made through the following tools:
- Online - on the SIGA platform or on the mobile application SigaApp (available for Android and iOS)
- E-mail - search the e-mail of the employment service where you want to go
- Telephone - call the IEFP Contact Center (300 010 001 or 215 803 555), on working days, from 9am to 7pm
- In person - search for the address of the employment service where you want to go.
NB: You must make an appointment for each matter you wish to deal with. If you are entitled to priority service, you do not need to make an appointment.
For information or queries, you can call the IEFP Contact Centre on +351 300 010 001 or +351 215 803 555, on working days from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Alternatively, you can contact the IEFP Centres Network.
Information updated on 19 February, 2024.