As informações deste guia prático poderá estar desatualizada face ao estado atual do país.
Confirme a informação atualizada a partir da página COVID-19 (novo coronavírus): informações sobre serviços públicos.
The Caregivers’ Area disseminates useful information about the caregiver and the person being cared for, highlighting their rights and benefits, support measures and services, as well as responses at various levels, with a view to providing those involved with a greater understanding of their specific situation. The information disclosed on this Portal is also aimed at professionals working with caregivers and people being cared for.
At this stage, the information presented relates to health care and social support, services where they can be provided and thematic approaches depending on the specific situations.
It is intended that this guide and area on the portal, under development and updating, are progressively more interactive and innovative and that they meet the needs and expectations of caregivers and the person they care for in a personalized manner, thus contributing to the promotion of their quality of life. The Caregivers’ Area is also intended to be a useful tool for professionals with a special interest in this area.
It is also important to highlight that the Statute of the Informal Caregiver was recently approved by Law no. 100/2019, of 6 September, and the deadline for its specific regulation is now underway.
The information in this guide is organised as follows:
Training and education
The user of this Caregivers’ Area, can access here the training offer, videos, manuals, reports, APP solutions (mobile applications) that contribute to facilitate and help caring for the caregiver and the person cared for.
- Training offer
- Mobile applications
- Additional information
- Support for professionals - Formal Caregivers
Tax protection and benefits
Health and social support services and measures
- Mapping of social entities (Social Charter)
- Mapping of Health entities (page being updated):
Research of Public, Social and Private Health Care Providers
- The Health Regulator makes it possible to search for Health Care Providers and the Agreements and Conventions.
Helplines and other support
- In case of emergency: 112
- National Social Emergency Line: 144
- SNS 24: 808 24 24 24
- Line Intoxications/INEM: 808 250 143
- Social Security Line: 300 502 502
- Citizen Line: 300 003 990
- Citizen with Disabilities Line: 800 20 84 62
- Senior Citizen Line: 800 20 35 31
- Children Line: 800 20 66 56
- APAV line - Portuguese Association for Victim Support: 116 006
Frequently asked questions
- What is Informed Consent?
- What is the Scheme of the Adult Accompanied?
- What is the National Integrated Continued Care Network (RNCCI)?
- What is Caregiver Rest and how do I access it?
- What to do in case of death?
- Who is the Priority Service for?
- How do I report an adverse medicine reaction?
- What to do in a Bad Treatment situation?
- What is the Rare Disease Card?
- Where can I get more information about health promotion and disease prevention activities?
- How many absences can I give at work to care for relatives?
- Where can I get information about employment?
- What is the Social Emergency Line?
- How can I make a compliment, complaint or suggestion?
- Other information