Having a child
As informações deste guia prático poderão estar desatualizadas face ao estado atual do país.
Confirme a informação atualizada a partir da página COVID-19 (novo coronavírus): informações sobre serviços públicos.
The arrival of a child marks the beginning of a new phase in the lives of parents. This practical guide brings together information on the rights and duties of maternity and paternity, from pregnancy to the end of children's paediatric age and information on important documents for the child such as the Citizen card or the birth certificate. Health, parental leave, leaves and absences for working parents and adoption in Portugal are some of the topics covered.
In this guide you will find the following information:
- Accompaniment in pregnancy
- Birth Registry, Citizen Card and Passport
- Health of children and young people
- Parental leave in Portugal
- Parental leave and absence from work
- Education of children and young people
- Financial support and tax deductions
- Adoption of children and young people in Portugal
- Separation or divorce: effects on children
- Gender equality and domestic violence in Portugal
Information updated on June 6, 2021