Covid-19: Information about public services
In the current context of extraordinary measures to respond to the epidemiological situation of the coronavirus / COVID-19, it is recommended that citizens use available online and phone options to access public services.
Documents that expired after February 24th will remain valid until October 30th
The portuguese government has decreed that documents that expire after February 24th will remain valid until October 30th, for all legal purposes.
This applies to:
- Citizen Card (Cartão de Cidadão)
- Driving license
- Criminal record
- Documents and visas related to the stay in national territory.
From October 30th, expired documents after February 24th remain valid, as long as the bearer presents proof of a renewal appointment.
Check if the service you are looking for is available online
Use the ePortugal search bar to find the services you want, and check if they are available online. The portal's Companies and Businesses, area offers a large number of services related to companies and economic activities.
Accessing the various online services can be made by using the Chave Móvel Digital (Digital Mobile Key) or the Cartão de Cidadão (Citizen Card) PIN with a Smart Card reader. If you do not have either form of authentication, you can activate your Chave Móvel Digital (Digital Mobile Key) on Autenticação.gov, with your Portal das Finanças (Tax Authority portal) username and password.
These are some of the most sought-after services that are available online:
- Citizen Card renewal for citizens over the age of 25 (Watch this video to learn how to renew)
- Birth registration
- Land registry acts and certificates
- Announcement of preemptive rights at Casa Pronta
- Creation of commercial enterprise / company
- Commercial registration services
- Request and consult Criminal Record Certificate
For more information about Justice-related services (citizen card, passport, certificates, registry, among others), please check the Covid-19: Justice page.
For any further questions, you can also contact Linha Justiça - 800 910 220.
Segurança Social Direta (SSD) allows you to access several important services such as:
- Exceptional support for employers, domestic service and self-employed
- Support for the maintenance of employment contracts (layoff)
- Children and grandchildren assistance allowance
- Issuance of Payment Document
- Adding / updating of the IBAN to receive installments
- Request the declaration of contributory situation to Social Security (Watch the tutorial video)
It also allows you to perform various operations concerning:
- Parental allowance
- Family allowance
- Old-age pension
For more information about Social Security services, please check the Covid-19: Social Security page.
For any further questions, you can also contact Linha Segurança Social - 300 502 502.
Through the Finance portal, citizens and entrepreneurs can have access to important online services, such as:
- Submit and consult the IRS statement
- Request the Tax Identification Number
- Consult tax debts (Watch this tutorial video)
- Consult property tax documents
- Deliver the periodic VAT declaration
- Consult and issue income receipts
- Start or modify activity
- Request the reference for payment of the Imposto Único Circulação (IUC) (Single Transit Tax)
- Among others
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person appointments can only be scheduled for urgent cases. If you need to need to schedule an in-person appointment, please pre-schedule by contacting the Service Centre on 217 206 707 (monday to friday from 9 am to 7 pm).
For any further questions, please use the Finance e-Balcão website and the Phone Service Center on 217 206 707.
For more information about , please check the COVID-19: Finance - Tax and Customs Authority page.
The Employment and Professional Training Institute canceled all ongoing training activities, as well as those scheduled, until the end of April.
On iefponline portal it is possible to:
- Apply for jobs;
- Submit electronic unemployment benefit application;
- Apply for active employment and vocational training measures
More information about IEFP services, please check the COVID-19: Serviços do IEFP - Emprego e Formação Profissional.
For further questions, you can reach the IEFP Contact Centre on 300 010 001, every working day, from 8am to 8pm.
The Institute for Mobility and Transport, IP (IMT) provides several services through the IMTOnline portal, such as:
- Driving license application
- Duplicate (2nd Copy) of Driving License
- Driving License Revalidation
- Driving License Replacement
- Application for the issuance or renewal of a Tachograph Driver Card
- TVDE driver license issue
- Parking Card Request for People with Disabilities
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, IMT suspended driving lessons (theoretical and practical), extended the dates for periodic inspections, and closed the inspection centres.
More information at www.imtonline.pt.
More information about IMT services, please check the COVID-19: IMT - Institute for Mobility and Transport page.
For further questions, please contact 808 20 12 12 (Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm).
In response to the current situation caused by the pandemic, the Portuguese government approved several measures to support companies through IAPMEI. Guidelines for the production of COVID-19 protective equipment were also released, as well as clarifications on establishments that may remain open during this period.
COVID-19: Business support measures
The Government approved a set of measures to support companies. These measures can be found on the IAPMEI portal and include:
- Make credit lines available to companies which allow them to guarantee jobs. Find out more on the Financing page on the IAPMEI website;
- allow installment payment of VAT, IRS and IRC over the next three or six months. Find out more on the Tax Measures page on the IAPMEI portal;
- allow the postponement of two thirds of the companies' social contributions to the second semester. Find out more on the Activity and Employment Support page on the IAPMEI portal.
- Apply for the new COVID-19 incentive systems within the scope of Portugal 2020. Learn more on the Portugal 2020 page on the IAPMEI website. For information on projects taking place in the context of Portugal 2020, QREN or QCA III, please check the Flexibility Measures page - PT2020.
For more information on lay-offs, credit default, extraordinary support for managing partners, deferral of taxes and contributions, among others, see the measures to support employment and companies on the portuguese government's Estamos On website.
PRODUCTION OF MEDICAL DEVICES AND COVID-19 EQUIPMENT
Do you want to be a Serviço Nacional de Saúde (SNS) supplier? Direção-Geral de Saúde (DGS) provides a website with guidelines for national manufacturers interested in creating and supplying medical devices and personal protective equipment to the market.
INFORMATION BY PHONE OR INTERNET
If you need help, IAPMEI provides a page with contacts to assist entrepreneurs.
MORE SERVICES FOR COMPANIES
For information on services and retail outlets / shops that are still open, please check the exceptional measures on the Estamos On website.
More information about services, contacts and extraordinary measures for the following entities (list being updated):
- Agência para a Competitividade e Inovação, I.P. - IAPMEI
- Alto Comissariado para as Migrações - ACM
- Autoridade de Gestão do PDR 2020 - AGPDR
- Autoridade Nacional de Segurança Rodoviária - ANSR
- Autoridade de Segurança Alimentar e Económica - ASAE
- Biblioteca Nacional de Portugal - BNP
- Cinemateca Portuguesa - Museu do Cinema
- Comissão de Coordenação e Desenvolvimento Regional de Lisboa e Vale do Tejo
- Comissão para a Cidadania e Igualdade de Género
- Direção-Geral da Agricultura e Desenvolvimento Rural - DGADR
- Direção-Geral das Atividades Económicas - DGAE
- Direção-Geral de Alimentação e Veterinária - DGAV
- Direção-Geral do Consumidor - DGC
- Direção-Geral do Livro, dos Arquivos e das Bibliotecas - DGLAB
- Direção Geral do Património Cultural - DGCP
- Direção-Geral de Recursos Naturais, Segurança e Serviços Marítimos -DGRM
- Direção Regional de Agricultura e Pescas do Algarve - DRAP Algarve
- Direção Regional de Agricultura e Pescas do Alentejo - DRAP Alentejo
- Direção Regional de Agricultura e Pescas do Centro - DRAPC
- Direção Regional de Agricultura e Pescas de Lisboa e Vale do Tejo - DRAP LVT
- Direção Regional de Agricultura e Pescas do Norte - DRAP Norte
- Direção Regional de Cultura Centro - DRCC
- Direção Regional de Cultura do Norte - DRCN
- Direção Regional de Cultura do Alentejo- DRCALEN
- Entidade Regional de Turismo da Região de Lisboa
- Entidade de Serviços Partilhados da Administração Pública, I.P. - eSPAP
- Empresa de Desenvolvimento e Infra-estruturas do Alqueva, S.A - EDIA
- Gabinete Nacional de Segurança
- INFARMED - Autoridade Nacional do Medicamento e Produtos de Saúde, I.P
- Inspeção-geral Das Atividades Culturais- IGAC
- Instituto do Cinema e Audiovisual, IP
- Instituto de Financiamento da Agricultura e Pescas, I.P. - IFAP
- Instituto da Habitação e da Reabilitação Urbana - IHRU
- Instituto Nacional de Investigação Agrária e Veterinária - INIAV
- Instituto dos Vinhos do Douro e do Porto, IP - IVDP
- Metro-Mondego, S.A.
- Polícia Judiciária Militar
- Região de Turismo do Algarve
- Startup Portugal
- Turismo Centro de Portugal
- Turismo do Alentejo, E.R.T.
- Turismo de Portugal
- Turismo do Porto e Norte de Portugal, E.R
If the service you are looking for is not available online, and in the event of an urgent need to use that service, you should schedule in advance for an in-person appointment.
Scheduling for Social Security, IEFP and ACT - Autoridade para as Condições do Trabalho (Authority for Working Conditions) services is done on SIGA platform (also available in the app store).
To schedule an appointment on SIGA, you will need a password to access Segurança Social Direta (more information on the registration page).
Scheduling for Finanças (Tax Authority) and IRN (Institute for Registry and Notary) (Citizen Card) services can be done on the Online Service Scheduling platform. To schedule other services, related to registries, please check the COVID-19: Justice page.
If you have any questions regarding these online services, please use the following telephone contacts:
- Centro de Contacto Cidadão (Citizen Contact Centre) - 300 003 990, available Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm.
- Centro de Contacto Empresas (Business Contact Centre) - 300 003 980, available Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm.