COVID-19: IMT - Institute for Mobility and Transport
In this page you will find information on:
IMT announced the following changes in response to the new coronavirus / COVID-19:
- suspension of driving instruction (theoretical and practical).
- motor vehicles and trailers, which were scheduled to undergo periodic inspection between March 13, 2020 and June 30, 2020, may carry out the inspection within an extended period of up to five months from the date of registration. This measure does not apply to vehicles previously disapproved.
- inspection centers are closed, ensuring only the provision of essential services that are mandatory and that require pre-scheduling.
IMT has made available a COVID-19 website with useful information on transport and mobility, where users can find maps with the location of national gas stations and other services for professional drivers, and periodic inspection centers in operation. It is also possible to find information about recent changes to the various transport services and road infrastructures.
The IMTonline portal provides the following services:
- Driving license application
- Duplicate (2nd Copy) of Driving License
- Driving License Revalidation
- Driving License Replacement
- Application for the issuance or renewal of a Tachograph Driver Card
- TVDE driver license issue
- Parking Card request for People with Disabilities
The complete list can be found in the list of services available on the IMTOnline portal.
IMT in-person services need to be scheduled in advance and only for urgent services that cannot be done online.
Scheduling can be done by email or phone, to the contacts indicated in the document of the New Rules for In-Person Service (PDF), between 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.