Portuguese Associations and Cooperatives - Renewal of the public utility status
Portuguese associations and cooperatives can request the renewal of the public utility status.
Note: Portuguese foundations and the permanent representations of foundations or other foreign non-profit legal entities must make the requests at the corresponding services.
This renewal request does not apply to the annual submission of activity reports and accounts or the transmission of statutory changes. For this purpose, a request for Legal Notices must be filed.
Entities with public utility status must previously submit a request for a Communication of Interest in maintaining the Public Utility Status to revalidate the status for another ten years. One year to six months before that deadline they must submit a renewal request.
Procedure and requirements
- submission of the request in ePortugal and start of the process by the legal representative of the entity
- analysis of the process by the SGPCM
- (eventual) preliminary rejection
- (eventual) request for additional opinions from competent entities in the area of activity of the requesting entity
- (eventual) request for improvement of the request
- proposal for a decision
- decision by the competent Government member
- publication of the decision in the Official Gazette.
Time of issue/decision
Portuguese associations and cooperatives with a national, regional or local scope.
Excludes associations and cooperatives that carry out their activity exclusively in one of the Autonomous Regions.
Legislation, refusals, contests, claims
Reasons for refusal
Means of opposition/Complaint to the Ombudsman
Address: Rua Professor Gomes Teixeira, n.º 2 1399-022 LISBOA
Phone number: 213 927 600
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web url: https://www.sg.pcm.gov.pt/