Foreign Foundation - Request for allocation of Public Utility Status
A foreign foundation may request the attribution of the public utility status of permanent representation in Portugal.
This service is only available through the reserved area of the ePortugal portal.
Note: The Portuguese associations, cooperatives and foundations and the permanent representations of foreign associations and cooperatives must make the requests in the corresponding services.
Procedure and requirements
- submission of the request in ePortugal and start of the process by the person
- analysis of the process by the SGPCM
- (possible) preliminary rejection
- (eventual) request for additional opinions from competent entities in the area of activity of the requesting entity
- (eventual) request for improvement of the request
- proposal for a decision
- decision by the competent Government member
- publication of the decision in the Official Gazette, when favourable.
Time of issue/decision
Permanent representations with national, regional or local scope. Note: Excludes foundations that carry out their activity exclusively in one of the Autonomous Regions.
Legislation, refusals, contests, claims
Means of opposition/Complaint to the Ombudsman
Address: Rua Professor Gomes Teixeira, n.º 2 1399-022 LISBOA
Phone number: 213 927 600
Email address: email@example.com
Web url: https://www.sg.pcm.gov.pt/