CERTIFICATION OF TRAINING ENTITIES
The certification system of training entities aims at recognizing pedagogical practices adequate to the development of the training activity in Portugal, one of the quality assurances of the National Qualifications System.
It is a global recognition of the capacity of the entity to carry out training, and the granting of certification means the recognition that the training entity has the capacity to carry out the activities pertaining to the training cycle.
The certification included in the quality policy managed by DGERT is based on the evaluation of the training entities within the Quality Referential.
The Quality Referential is a set of certification requirements laid down by the training entity that define the conditions of its intervention in the specific area of certification. The entity with the resources and technical and organizational capacity to develop training processes applies to DGERT for certification, in compliance with the requirements of the Quality Reference.
The application, which focuses on the competencies and resources demonstrated by the entity to carry out training in the areas of education and training requested, is subject to a technical evaluation, which can be complemented by auditing.
The entity certified by DGERT is now included in the database of certified training entities.
Responsabilities of the entity:
- Obtaining information about the system and certification requirements.
- Ensuring that its structure and practices meet the requirements for this recognition.
- Organizing and submitting applications according to applicable procedures.
Guide for certification.
Responsabilities of DGERT:
- Providing the necessary clarifying information about the certification system and process.
- Evaluation the submitted applications and issueing technical opinions granting or not granting certification.
- Publish the certified entities.
- Changes and republishes the ordinance that regulates the certification system of training entities
- Establishes the legal regime of the National System and defines the structures that ensure its operation
- Approves a set of measures to reform vocational training, agreed with the majority of the social partners with a seat in the Standing Committee in the Social Concertation
- Changes the legal regime of the National Qualifications System and defines the structures that ensure its operation
TRAINING ENTITY - CERTIFICATION
TRAINING ENTITY - EXTENSION OF CERTIFICATION TO OTHER AREAS
Once certified, the training entity that plans to intervenue in new areas of education and training may, at any time, formalize the application for extension of certification.
To do this, it must ensure the existence of the necessary conditions for the structuring and implementing its training project and developing the training activities in the new areas that it intends to certify. The submission of applications for enlargement is also carried out electronically and is only accessible to entities with valid certification.
TRAINING ENTITY - TRANSMISSION OF CERTIFICATION
The transmission of certification to another training entity can be requested in the following situations:
- Creation of a new entity in the same business group, which assumes all training activity acquisitions.
- Merger of entities.
The transmission of certification requires the continuity of the elements that supported the certification granted by areas of education and training:
- Formative project: absence of changes at the level of services and training products, areas of education and training, clients, procedures and training practices.
- Formative structue: total transition of human and material resources from one entity to another.
If these conditions are not met, the new entity shall submit an initial application for certification. The transmission of the certification is only accessible to entities with this valid recognition for certification.
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION
Since certification does not have an associated expiration date, its maintenance implies that the practices and resources of the training entity are regularly evaluated. This process is carried out by DGERT in two ways:
- The performance of maintenance audits.
- The performance evaluation on the basis of indicators.
The Certified Entity shall at all times ensure the conditions which underpinned the award of the certification as well as the duties associated with such recognition.
ADVANTAGES OF BEING A CERTIFIED ENTITY
- Recognition of quality in the market
Being a certified training entity means that your procedures and practices are in accordance with a specific quality benchmark for training.
In addition, the promoted training is only considerer certified, under the terms of the National Qualifications System, if it is developed by a certified training entity.
- Access to public funding for training
Certification is a mandatory requirement for access to national or Community public programs for vocational training.
- VAT exemption on training services
Certified training entities are exempt from value added tax (VAT) on their vocational training products and services.
- Deduction of vocational training expenses with the IRS
Clients of certified training entities may deduct expenses related to vocational training acquired with them from personal income tax (IRS)
List of Certified Entities.
The definition and evaluation of these specific requirements and the respective assessment criteria and sources of verification are the responsability of the sector certifying entities.