New state of emergency Measures
On 6 November 2020, the President of the Republic decreed the third State of Emergency since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, which came into force at 0:00 a.m. today, 9 November, and will end at 11:59 p.m. on 23 November 2020.
In this context, an extraordinary Council of Ministers was held on 7 November for the approval of a set of measures covering the ban on public transport, at specific periods, in the 121 counties considered to be at high risk of transmission of COVID-19, with the appropriate exceptions provided for.
The possibility of body temperature measurement and diagnostic tests in some places, as well as the requisition of means and mobilization of human resources are other measures adopted.
This new declaration was decreed for a period of 15 days and may be renewed at the initiative of the President of the Republic, provided that the Government is consulted and authorized by the Assembly of the Republic.
Set of measures of the new State of Emergency:
Prohibition of movement (and exceptions)
The ban on circulation on public roads applies between 11.00 p.m. and 05.00 a.m. on weekdays and from 1.00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. This measure applies only to the 121 municipalities with a high risk of transmission of COVID-19 and includes some exceptions:
- Travelling for business or professional purposes requires a declaration (more information on the EstamosOn portal);
- Travel for health reasons (to health establishments or pharmacies);
- Emergency shelter for victims of domestic violence or trafficking in human beings, as well as for children and young people at risk;
- Travel to care for vulnerable people, people with disabilities, children, parents, elderly or dependants;
- Travel to fulfil parental responsibilities;
- Travel for hygienic walks and for petting.
Body temperature measurements
The possibility of taking body temperature measurements by non-invasive means in access to:
- Educational establishments;
- Transport facilities;
- Commercial, cultural and sports facilities.
In case of refusal of body temperature measurement or in cases where the body temperature is equal to or higher than 38º C, the impediment in access to the mentioned places may be ordered.
The measurement of body temperature does not prejudice the right to individual data protection.
The possibility of requiring diagnostic tests for COVID-19 in the following situations:
- In healthcare facilities;
- In residential facilities;
- In educational establishments;
- Entering and leaving national territory, by air or sea;
- In prison establishments;
- Other places, by determination of the DGS.
Request for means in the private and social sectors
The possibility of requesting resources, means and health facilities from the private and social sectors, after an attempt to reach an agreement and with fair compensation.
Deployment of human resources
The deployment of human resources to strengthen the monitoring capacity (e.g. epidemiological surveys, contact tracing, follow-up of persons under active surveillance):
- Workers in prophylactic isolation;
- Workers from risk groups;
- Teachers without a teaching component;
- Military personnel of the Armed Forces.
Source: Portal EstamosOn