Temporary protection regime will also cover non-Ukrainian citizens
The temporary protection regime has been extended to non-Ukrainian citizens, third country nationals or stateless persons and their family members. This is one of the exceptional measures adopted to facilitate the reception and integration of people who are arriving in Portugal due to the conflict situation in Ukraine.
The Council of Ministers approved the following exceptional measures:
- Extension of the temporary protection regime to non-Ukrainian citizens, third country nationals or stateless persons, and their family members, benefiting from international protection in Ukraine
- Extension of the temporary protection regime to non-Ukrainian citizens, third country nationals or stateless persons residing in Ukraine who are unable to return to their country of origin
- Recognition of professional qualifications, with waiver of requirements under the law
- Emergency student status for humanitarian reasons
- Access to the Urgent Accommodation Support Program
- Simpler recognition and exchange of driver's licenses and professional certification
- Exemption of fees in certain registration acts.
The ePortugal portal has two pages with information about the reception in Portugal of displaced persons from Ukraine:
Source: Government Portal
Feedback successfully submitted.
Would you like to answer a survey regarding your experience?Answer the survey