Consulting customs tariffs
If you make a purchase online on an e-commerce website based outside the European Union, you will have to pay additional fees.
To find out what customs fees apply to third countries, please check the customs tariff on the Finance portal.
Who can consulting customs tariffs?
What is the Price to consulting customs tariffs?
It is free of charge.
How consulting customs tariffs?
To consult a customs tariff, go to the Finance portal and follow the steps below:
- Click on Alfândegas [Customs] > Pauta Aduaneira [Customs tariff] > Nomenclaturas [Nomenclatures] > Importação [Imports]
- In the search field, specify what kind of item you intend to buy.
- The amount of VAT applicable to the item will be shown.
- If you want to simulate the final purchase price, add the price of the item to the VAT amount.
There are two ways of paying the fees applicable to your purchase:
- Paying at the time of purchase
The vendor includes the VAT in the final price. In this case, orders are not subject to VAT payment at the border (valid for orders valued up to EUR 150).
- Paying upon delivery
The Tax and Customs Authority (Finanças), the Post Office (CTT) or the courier will issue you with an invoice that includes the VAT amount payable on the order. The item cannot be cleared from customs until you have paid this fee. The Post Office or the courier may also charge a customs clearance fee.
Note: other fees may be added to VAT depending on the type of product.