Establish a company on the spot
Establish your company in a quick and simple way on a Company on the Spot reception desk.
This service allows to establish limited companies, single-member companies and public-limited companies.
WarningInformation about in-person services may be out of date. Given the situation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, it is necessary to schedule for most public service counters.
Confirm the updated information on the page COVID-19 (new coronavirus): information about public services..
Learn where and how to establish a company on the spot
Choose a name and a model of articles for your company
See the associated costs in the 'What is the price' field
If any shareholder of the company cannot attend, they may be represented by another person who shall bring a power of attorney and the Citizen Card
Search for a point of service near you:
Who can Establish a company on the spot?
Any individual or legal person.
Where can you Establish a company on the spot?
What is the Price to Establish a company on the spot?
The Company on the Spot service price is 360 euros.
If the company’s share capital includes assets that are not money, you shall also pay:
€20 (up to €30.000).
You may pay with:
- Visa or bank draft in euro, from an account in Portugal, at the order of the IRN, I.P. (or to the Treasury and Public Debt Management Agency – IGCP, EPE if the company is created on the National Registry of Legal People, in Lisbon)
postal order in euros to IRN, IP.
How can you Establish a company on the spot?
What should you do before going to a Company on the Spot reception desk
Before establishing the company, consult the Company on the Spot website and check the names and the available models of articles of association.
Read also the frequently asked questions, where you shall find more information on the process of establishing a company on the spot.
- Picking a name for the company
You may choose a pre-approved name or create a name and request its approval through the approval certificate request service.
- The simpler option is to choose a pre-approved name. This list is available for consultation on the Company on the Spot website. At the moment of creation of the company, you should state the name you picked and confirm if it is still available.
- You may also choose a name that is not on the list of pre-approved names. However, in this case, you should already hold a Name or Designation Approval Certificate issued with the already approved name.
- If you create your company on the National Registry of Legal Persons, you may obtain the approval of your name in the moment of creation of the company.
- Picking a model of articles of association
Consult the models available of articles of association for limited companies, single-member companies and public-limited companies on the Company on the Spot website or on the Company on the Spot reception desk.
You do not need to fill it, but everything shall be faster if you already know which model you want.
All the shareholders shall attend and bring their Citizen Card
Those who do not have a Citizen Card may indicate the tax identification number and display the identification card, the passport or the residence permit.
If any shareholder of the company to be established cannot attend, they may be represented by another person who shall bring:
- a power of attorney
- their own Citizen Card.
If the shareholders are legal persons
In this case, they shall also bring:
- the identification card of the legal person or the access code to the electronic card
- the decision minute of the General Assembly that empowers the legal representatives to establish the company
- the deed certificate or the updated incorporation document or articles of association of the legal person.