Online Company – Incorporation
Use the Online Company service to easily and quickly start a company.
You no longer need to go to a service desk to set up commercial companies and civil law companies having a commercial form. You can incorporate your company online, at any time. This service enables the incorporation of:
- Private Limited Companies
- Sole quotaholder Private Limited Companies
- Public Limited Companies.
Find out how to incorporate
Available to all citizens with Citizen Card with their digital signature or Digital mobile key (CMD) activated
See the associated costs in the 'What is the price' field.
Who can incorporate?
The service is available to all citizens with Citizen Card with their digital signature or Digital mobile key activated. Lawyers, notaries and solicitors, with their professional digital certificate, may also use the service to incorporate companies online
Warning: when lawyers, notaries and solicitors intervene, the partners’ handwritten signatures are required to have been certified in person.
Where to incorporate?
How much does it cost?
The cost of setting up a company varies according to the service used:
- 220 euros - in case of incorporating a company with a pre-approved memorandum and articles of association
- 360 euros - in case of incorporating a company with a memorandum and articles of association drawn up by the company.
If the company has a trademark associated with one class of goods or services, it costs more 100 euros. Each additional class costs 44 euros.
You may pay:
- with credit card (Visa or Mastercard)
- on ATM machines or on your bank’s website.
How can you incorporate an Online Company
The Online Company service is available at portal ePortugal, which can be accessed from a computer or other mobile device at your home, office or another place with Internet access.
To start a company online:
- Access portal ePortugal, authenticate yourself using either the citizen card or digital mobile key, and fill in the required fields (name, email, telephone/mobile phone, civil identification number and address)
- State the company name of your choice (enter up to 9 options), or choose the company name from the names available in the list of company names or designations or enter the access code to the certificate of admissibility if you have one previously approved
- Fill in the information about the company and of persons/entities involved. You can also join an arbitration centre
- Submit the digitally signed memorandum and articles of association through the available means
- Make the payment.