Request the termination of professional activity allowance
It is an instalment that aims to compensate the loss of income of the self-employed with a business activity and of the managers or directors of the companies due to termination of the professional activity due to justified reasons which determine the company shutdown.
The allowance will only be granted if the workers reside on national territory and meet the assignment conditions at the date of termination of professional activity or company shutdown.
AvisoAs informações sobre atendimento ao público poderão estar desatualizadas face ao estado atual do país.
Confirme a informação atualizada a partir da página COVID-19 (novo coronavírus): informações sobre serviços públicos.
At the service counters of the Institute of Employment and Vocational Training
Within 90 consecutive days, from the date of termination of the professional activity
Search for a point of service near you:
Who can Request the termination of professional activity allowance?
To the termination of professional activity allowance are entitled the self-employed with a business activity and the managers or directors of companies, if, cumulatively, the following conditions are observed:
- Company shutdown or involuntary termination of the professional activity
- Compliance with the warranty period of 720 days of exercise of an activity (as a self-employed with a business activity or as managers or directors), with the correspondent pay statement for a period of 48 months immediately before the date of termination of activity (starting from January 2013, at the rate of 34.75%)
- Regulated tax status before the social security, of the individual or company
- Loss of income which determines the termination of activity
- Registry at the job centre of the area of residence, for employment purposes.
When can you Request the termination of professional activity allowance?
The unemployment benefit must be requested within 90 consecutive days from the date of termination of the professional activity.
The submission of the request after the 90 days, but during the legal concession period of the benefit, implies the reduction on the concession period for the time correspondent to the delay observed.
What are the documents and requirements to Request the termination of professional activity allowance?
- To know more details about the conditions of access to the termination of professional activity allowance, consult the Social Security’s Portal.
How can you Request the termination of professional activity allowance?
Before requesting it, the unemployed individual must be registered for work at that job centre.
If, within 90 consecutive days from the date of termination of the professional activity, the beneficiary is unable to work due to an illness, the registration may be carried out by a representative.
You must submit the Certificate of Termination of Activity:
- Mod. RP 5066-DGSS, in the case of self-employment with a business activity
- Mod. RP 5082-DGSS, in the case of statutory members of legal persons.