Request the EU Digital Covid Certificate
The EU (European Union) Digital Covid Certificate is a digital document proving that a person has a full vaccination against COVID-19, has recovered from the disease in the last 6 months or has received a negative result in the last 48 hours (antigen test - TRAg) or 72 hours (TAAN test).
The certificate aims to facilitate people's safe and free movement within and outside Portugal, as well as access to certain spaces and events. It can be used in all European Union Member States, in the Schengen Area countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland), and in several non-EU countries and territories.
Learn where you can carry out the service and what are the advantages of each channel
Who can request the EU Digital Covid Certificate?
When can you request the EU Digital Covid Certificate?
The EU Digital Covid Certificate is optional and can be requested at any time, provided you are in one of these situations:
- you have had the COVID-19 vaccine (including the booster dose)
- have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months
- has a negative result within the last 48 hours (antigen test - TRAg) or 72 hours (TAAN test).
The certificate can be presented when travelling within the European Union, the Schengen Area and acceding countries and territories*.
* Non-EU countries and territories that have joined the EU COVID Digital Certificate system:
- Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Cape Verde, El Salvador, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Israel, Iceland, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Norway, Panama, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Switzerland, Thailand, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and Vatican.
What are the documents and requirements to request the EU Digital Covid Certificate?
To request the EU Digital Covid Certificate you just need to fill in the online form on the SNS 24 portal, with your date of birth and SNS user number.
You must present the same data if you make the request in the SNS 24 app or in a Citizen Spaces.
In the case of the testing certificate, only the following tests* are considered:
- Nucleic acid amplification molecular test (TAAN) - is valid for 72 hours from the date and time of collection of the test sample
- Rapid antigen test (TRAg) - recognised on the Common List of Rapid Antigen Tests for COVID-19, is valid for 48 hours from the date and time of collection of the test sample.
* Self-tests, although also rapid antigen tests, cannot be used to obtain the EU Digital Covid Certificate as they are self-tested and not done by healthcare professionals.
What is the price to request the EU Digital Covid Certificate?
How request the EU Digital Covid Certificate?
There are 3 types of certificates:
- Vaccination Certificate - proves that the person has been vaccinated against COVID-19 and is valid 14 days after full vaccination and up to 270 days (9 months), and it is necessary to order another one before the end of that period
- Testing Certificate - proves that the person has undergone a test for COVID-19 and is valid for 48 hours (antigen test - TRAg) or 72 hours (TAAN test) from the date and time of collection
- Recovery Certificate - proves that the person has recovered from COVID-19 and is valid for up to 180 days (6 months) from the day the person had a positive laboratory test result. It can be issued after 11 days of the test taking place and with the condition "Cured" on the TraceCOVID-19 platform.
You can request an EU Digital Covid Certificate:
- On the SNS 24 portal by carrying out the following steps:
- choose the type of certificate you want to request (vaccination, testing or recovery)
- fill in your date of birth and user number
- click on “submit”
- you will receive an access code by SMS and/or email
- enter the code on the same page.
Note: The access code is for one-time use only. Each time you want to access your certificate, a new code will be created.
After validation of the certificate request, it is made available on the portal, in Portuguese and in English, to be downloaded.
On the location
Through assisted service, where a printed version of the certificate can be obtained.
The certificate can be presented in digital format or on paper. The certificates have a QR code, readable by a machine or the Covid Pass app (available for Android and iOS), which contains only the necessary data.
What is the support legislation?