Renew the Citizen Card
The Citizen Card has to be renewed when it loses its validity or if personal data on the card (except the address) change. The renewal can be done through the internet or in person.
The online renewal of the Citizen Card can be done by citizens aged 25 or over, provided they meet the necessary requirements.
- Citizen Cards expired after February 24th 2020 will remain valid until December 31st 2021.
- In-person assistance to renew and collect Citizen Cards is working at the Registration desks, with the exception of those inserted in the Citizen's Shops, and it is mandatory to make an appointment in advance.
- The Institute of Registries and Notary (Instituto dos Registos e do Notariado – IRN) is contacting citizens to renew the Citizen Card by text message. For more information, check the Citizen Card Renewal by text message page on the IRN portal.
WarningInformation about in-person services may be out of date. Given the situation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, it is necessary to schedule for most public service counters.
Confirm the updated information on the page COVID-19 (new coronavirus): information about public services..
Learn where you can carry out the service and what are the advantages of each channel
You have to sign in with the Digital Mobile Key or Citizen Card. See how to renew online in this video
Cheaper than face-to-face renewal (for more information see the 'COSTS' field)
When can you Renew the Citizen Card?
The renewal has to be done by all citizens (national or Brazilian) with a Citizen Card, in case of:
- end of validity (from six months before the end of the validity date)
- change of personal data on the card (photograph, surname, given names, sex, signature, parentage, nationality)
- note: it is not necessary to renew the card if you just want to change the address
- loss, destruction, theft or robbery
- damage to the chip’s card
- you forgot the PIN codes*.
The renewal of the Citizen Card usually takes an average of 7 business days until the new card is available for withdrawal. However, it is possible to request this service on an "urgent" and "extremely urgent" basis.
* In the case of citizen cards issued after 16 April 2018 it is possible to recover the PIN codes of address, authentication and digital signature.
The validity of the Citizen Card varies according to age
- Less than 25 years – Citizen Card valid for 5 years
- From 25 years old – Citizen Card valid for 10 years.
Brazilian citizens covered by the Porto Seguro Treaty:
- Less than 25 years - same as the residence card, up to a maximum of 5 years
- From the age of 25 - same as the residence card, up to a maximum of 10 years.
How can you Renew the Citizen Card?
ONLINE CITIZEN CARD RENEWAL
Portuguese citizens aged 25 and over can renew their Citizen Card online, provided they meet the necessary requirements.
Online renewal can be done:
- if the card is at the end of its validity
- due to loss, destruction, theft or robbery (the card to be replaced must be valid for more than 60 days and the new card remains valid for that period).
If you have lost your Citizen Card or if it has been destroyed or stole, you need to cancel the card before proceeding with the renewal online. In the online renewal you can change your surnames, address and contacts.To renew the Citizen Card online (or in a Citizen Spot) you need to meet the following requirements:
- the card to be renewed has been applied for before 1 October 2017
- be 25 years or older
- Citizen Card valid or expired less than 30 days ago
- Sign in through a enabled Digital Mobile Key or a valid Citizen Card (with PIN codes and a smartcard reader).
Important: if the Citizen Card is expired less than 30 days ago it is only possible to perform the service with a Digital Mobile Key that has been enabled during the validity of the Citizen Card. In case of having an expired Citizen Card you will not be able to enable the Digital Mobile Key, so you need to go to a Citizen Shop or service desk of the Registries and Notary Institute.
Note: The online renewal of the Citizen Card, regardless of the reason, is only possible in cases where fingerprints were taken in the previous application.
FACE-TO-FACE CITIZEN CARD RENEWAL
You can request the renewal on:
- IRN service desks (including Registry Offices and Citizen Shops)
- Citizen Spots (online service conditions apply *)
- Portuguese consular stations
- RIAC Azores Citizen Service Desks
- Service desks of the Autonomous Region of Madeira.
At some IRN service desks, it is possible to schedule the renewal of the Citizen Card in advance.
*Except the possibility of changing surnames.
What is the Deadline to Renew the Citizen Card?
After the request for renewal of the Citizen Card, online or in person, you will receive a letter to withdraw the new card. This letter is always sent to the address that will appear on the renewed card, and which is indicated during the service. In case of extreme urgent request, the PIN letter will be at the indicated withdrawal desk.
The card withdrawal is always in person, and can be scheduled in advance.
- Mainland Portugal, Azores (on the islands of São Miguel, Terceira, Faial, Pico and Santa Maria), and Madeira - 7 business days (on average)
- Azores (on the islands of Graciosa, Corvo, São Jorge and Flores) and Europe - 9 business days (on average)
- Macao, Canada, United States of America, Venezuela, South Africa, Brazil, Australia, Argentina, Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, São Tomé and Príncipe, India and East Timor - 9 business days (average)
- Rest of the world - 11 business days (on average).
- Mainland Portugal - 3 business days
- Azores (on the islands of São Miguel, Terceira, Faial, Pico and Santa Maria) and Madeira - 4 business days
- Azores (on the islands of Graciosa, Corvo, São Jorge and Flores) and Europe - 5 business days
- Rest of the world - 7 business days.
“Extremely urgency" requests
Service only available at the Justice Campus in Lisbon and at the Porto Citizen Shop - cards available on the same day as the request or on the following working day.
What is the Price to Renew the Citizen Card?
The cost of the service and the speed with which each request is handled depend on the type of request and the place of withdrawal of the card.
For online orders
In case of loss, destruction, theft or robbery:
- If the validity of the new card is less than 5 years, it costs 13.50 € (18 € for withdrawal abroad).
- If the validity of the new card is longer than 5 years, it costs 16.20 € (20.70 € for withdrawal abroad).
In case of end of validity, the new card will cost 16.20€ (20.70€ for withdrawals abroad).
For Urgent and Extremely Urgent requests made through the online renewal, the prices of the face-to-face service apply.
Payments for the online service are made via Multibanco reference. In the case of cards for withdrawal abroad it is also possible to pay by credit card (Visa or Mastercard).
For requests in the face-to-face service
Normal requests, with withdrawal:
- in Portugal - cost of 15 € for cards valid for 5 years, and 18 € for cards valid for 10 years
- abroad - cost of 18 € for cards valid for 5 years, and 23 € for cards valid for 10 years.
Urgent requests, with withdrawal:
- in Portugal - cost of 30 € for cards valid for 5 years, and 33 € for cards valid for 10 years
- abroad - cost of 45 € for cards valid for 5 years, and 48 € for cards valid for 10 years.
"Extremely urgent" requests:
The extreme urgent service costs 50 € for cards valid for 5 years, and 53 € for cards valid for 10 years.
In the face-to-face service requests you can pay in cash, multibanco, with a certified cheque or bank draft from a bank with representation in Portugal or with a postal order to the order of IRN, IP.
RENEWAL FOR MINORS AND BANNED OR DISABLED PERSONS