Request the social benefit for inclusion
The social benefit for inclusion is a monthly instalment in cash, paid to national and foreign citizens, refugees and statlees people (people without country), who have a disability of wich results a degree of incapacity equal or higher than 60%. It comprises three components:
- The Basic Component - it aims to compensate the general accrued charges derived from the situation of disability, aiming to promote the autonomy and social inclusion of the disabled individual
- The Complement - it aims to combat the situations of poverty of disabled individuals
- The Surcharge - it aims to compensate specific charges derived from the situation of disability, which is regulated on a subsequent phase.
Find out where you can do the service and what the advantages of each channel
Who can Request the social benefit for inclusion?
The benefit may be requested by one of the following persons:
- Relatives or similar of age, in direct ascending line and collateral line, up to 3rd degree(for example: great grandparents, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, step-children, step-parents, nephews and nieces, aunts and uncles) in the same household of the beneficiary, with parental responsibilities
- Step-parents, legal guardians and people to whom the beneficiary is entrusted by judicial or administrative decision from legal competent entities or services
- The beneficiary if 16 years or age or over, if emancipated
- The beneficiary if 18 years of age or over
- The beneficiary's legal representative
- The person who assists or is willing to assist the beneficiary, whenever the beneficiary is awaiting designation of an escort, regarding the regime of escorted adult
- The attorney, if the beneficiary is 18 years of age or over
When can you Request the social benefit for inclusion?
At any time.
What are the documents and requirements to Request the social benefit for inclusion?
The following conditions must be met:
- Legally reside in Portugal
- Have a disability which implies a degree of disability equal or higher than 60%, duly certified
- Have a disability which implies a degree of disability equal or higher than 80%, if they are the holder of an invalidity pension.
The complement is attributed to the person eligible for Basic Component who:
- is in a situtation of need or economic insufficiency
- is 18 years of age or over
- resides legally in Portugal
- is not
- institucionalised in social equipment funded by the State
- in a foster home
- under preventive detention or serving prison sentence
To know more details about the conditions of access to the Social Benefit for Inclusion, consult the Social Security’s Portal.
What is the Price to Request the social benefit for inclusion?
It is free.