Request the termination of pregnancy grant
Grant assigned to the worker, aiming to replace the work income loss, in a situation of a medically certified termination of pregnancy.
AvisoAs informações sobre atendimento ao público poderão estar desatualizadas face ao estado atual do país.
Confirme a informação atualizada a partir da página COVID-19 (novo coronavírus): informações sobre serviços públicos.
Learn where you can carry out the service and what are the advantages of each channel
Who is entitled to the termination of pregnancy grant?
- Beneficiaries of the pension system covered by the following schemes:
- dependent employees
- voluntary social insurance:
- mariners and national watchmen who exercise a professional activity on ships of foreign companies
- national mariners who exercise an activity on board of ships of common fishing companies
- crewmen who exercise an activity on ships registered on the International Ships Registry of Madeira (MAR)
- scientific research grantees
- Beneficiaries on a pre-retirement situation who exercise an activity integrated on any of the above-mentioned schemes
Beneficiaries who receive an unemployment benefit or a social unemployment benefit.
- Beneficiaries receiving an invalidity, old age or survivor’s pension, who are working and with a pay statement at social security.
When can you Request the termination of pregnancy grant?
Within six months from the first day of the impediment to work.
What are the documents and requirements to Request the termination of pregnancy grant?
To be entitled to the allowance, the beneficiary must meet the following conditions:
- Benefit from a warranty period of 6 civil months with a pay statement on the 1st day of impediment to work.
- Benefit from the correspondent licenses provided on the Labour Code, in the case of workers on behalf of others or for equivalent periods on the remaining cases.
- Have the social security contributions paid until the end of the third month immediately before the month in which they stopped working, in the case of the self-employed or workers covered by a voluntary social insurance scheme.
To know more details about the conditions of access to the grant, consult the Social Security’s Portal.
How can you Request the termination of pregnancy grant?
On the location
Submitting the Grant’s Request - Clinical risk during the pregnancy / Termination of pregnancy / Specific risks, Model RP 5051-DGSS, and the documents indicated: