Terms and conditions of the ePortugal contact form
Terms and conditions of use
Through this form you can obtain information on the Digital Mobile Key (CMD), the Citizen Card, the Citizen Shops and the Citizen Spots, the services available on the ePortugal portal (Citizen | Business and Enterprise) and the id.gov.pt app, as well as report problems accessing and using digital services, namely electronic forms from the Agência para a Modernização Administrativa, I.P services platform and the reserved area of the ePortugal portal.
You can also obtain information on the services available on the authenticação.gov.pt portal, in particular authentication and digital signature through the Digital Mobile Key (CMD) and Citizen Card, as well as report problems associated with these services.
This form is of the responsibility of and is managed by the Agência para a Modernização Administrativa, I.P., hereinafter referred to as "AMA”.
Before accessing and using this form, please read its Terms and Conditions carefully.
Access to and use of this form by the user is considered a clear sign that these Terms and Conditions have been read, understood and accepted.
These Terms and Conditions may be amended at any time by decision of AMA, provided that such alterations shall take effect from the date of their availability on the ePortugal portal.
Any attempts to alter the information, or any other action that could cause damage and endanger the integrity of the system, are strictly prohibited according to current legislation.
The use of the contents of this form for illegal purposes or any other purpose that may be considered unworthy or abusive is prohibited. The creation or introduction of any type of virus or other code or program containing destructive or harmful properties is also prohibited.
The user of this form is obliged to comply scrupulously with the applicable legislation, in particular with regard to computer crime and intellectual property rights, and shall be solely liable for any breach of these regulations.
As part of the process of continuous improvement of the services, the user of the contact form may be invited to answer an online satisfaction survey.
All content, including any videos, graphics, texts, images, drawings, music or sounds and any other information is the property of AMA, or has been included with the permission of the entities that legitimately hold the copyright on them.
The protection of copyright and industrial property rights over the contents present on the form extends to all copies of part or all of the information contained therein.
AMA respects your right to privacy and does not collect any personal data about you on this form without your consent.
In order to use this form it may be necessary to collect your personal data, according to the services, for the purposes indicated below:
- purpose 1: to request information or clarification and support for carrying out electronic services;
- purpose 2: to allow you to receive at your email address the requested information / clarifications;
- purpose 3: to consult the status or information of a change of address process;
- purpose 4: to consult the status or information of a citizen card cancellation and/or renewal process;
- purpose 5: to consult the status or information of the Digital Mobile Key (CMD);
- purpose 6: to consult the user’s registry on the ePortugal portal;
- purpose 7: to check for technical or other problems associated with the impossibility of downloading or consulting documents through the id.gov.pt application;
- purpose 8: to check for technical or other problems associated with the impossibility of executing or accessing an electronic service made available on ePortugal and/or autenticação.gov;
- purpose 9: to check for difficulties associated with the execution or access to an electronic service made available on ePortugal and/or autenticação.gov.
The data collected is kept for the periods indicated below:
- [Name] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 1 to 9]
- [Email] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 1 to 9]
- [Full name] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 7]
- [Telephone number] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 5]
- [Date of birth] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 7]
- [Citizen Card number] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 3, 4, 5, 7 and 9]
- [Citizen Card’s expiry date] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 7 and 9]
- [Type of document associated to CMD] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 5]
- [Number of the identification document associated to CMD] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 5]
- [Driving license number] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 7]
- [Tax identification number] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 7]
- [Print / error image] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 7, 8 and 9]
- [ADSE card number (with letters) and expiry date] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 7]
- [Vehicle registration number] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 7]
- [Military identification number and Armed Forces branch] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 7]
- [Military Assistance in Sickness (ADM) card number and expiry date, and Armed Forces branch] – [storage period of 3
- years]; [purpose 7]
- [Single Port Card (CUP) number] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 7]
- [European Youth Card number and expiry date] – [storage period of 3 years]; [purpose 7].
The personal data collected is shared according to the services, type of information or support requested, with the entities responsible for them, namely:
- Instituto dos Registos e do Notariado
- Imprensa Nacional-Casa da Moeda
- Instituto da Mobilidade e dos Transportes
- Ministério da Defesa
- Autoridade Nacional de Segurança Rodoviária
- ADSE – Instituto Público de Gestão Participada
- Inspeção-Geral das Atividades Culturais
- MOVIJOVEM - Mobilidade Juvenil
- APS - Administração dos Portos de Sines e do Algarve, SA.
Considering the latest technological developments, implementation costs, nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing as well as a detailed assessment of the risk, likelihood of occurrence and its impact on the rights and freedoms of data subjects, AMA has implemented technical and organisational measures to ensure the appropriate level of security.
Exemption from liability
AMA shall not be liable for any damages or injury resulting from civil liability (including, but not limited to, emerging damages, lost profits and moral damages, caused directly or indirectly), which arise as a result of the correct or incorrect use of this form and its contents by the user, access to the user's computer and computer system by third parties.
The user is responsible for the safekeeping and correct use of his/her personal information, as well as for any damage or injury caused to AMA, IP or third parties, resulting from the incorrect use, loss or theft of personal information. The users are responsible for the secure use of their credentials to access the services.
The information contained in this website shall be regarded as informative. Despite AMA's efforts to keep the contents up to date and reliable, they may contain inaccuracies, writing errors or be out of date and AMA shall not be liable for the complete accuracy and timeliness of any information on this form.
This form may contain links to Websites operated by third parties over whom it has no control and for which it assumes no responsibility.
The viewing of legal provisions on this form does not dispense with consulting the legal regulations in force, officially approved, published in the original editions and media (including the Official Gazette or the Official Journal of the European Union).
Applicable legislation and regulations
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR).
- Law no. 58/2019, of 8 August, ensuring the execution of the GDPR in the national legal framework.
- Law no. 67/2007, of 31 December, which approves the Scheme of Extra-Contractual Civil Liability of the State and Other Public Entities.
Applicable law and competent jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and interpreted in accordance with Portuguese law.
The Court of Lisbon shall have jurisdiction, to the exclusion of any other to settle any disputes arising out of the interpretation and application of these Terms and Conditions for the use of this form.
Feedback successfully submitted.
Would you like to answer a survey regarding your experience?Answer the survey