Prepare or change a vessel's Crew List
A Crew List contains the names of all crew members on the vessel.
A vessel can only operate if it has a Crew List.
Learn where you can carry out the service and what are the advantages of each channel
Check the "price" field
See in the field "documents" what you will need to perform the service
Change at a location
At Capitania Online + Automatic Terminals
Check the "price" field
Search for a point of service near you:
Who can Prepare or change a vessel's Crew List?
What are the documents and requirements to Prepare or change a vessel's Crew List?
To carry out the service you will need:
- the seaman's registry papers of all crew members on the vessel
- the vessel's safe manning certificate
- crew members' insurance
If you are preparing or changing a Coastal List, each crew member will need a fitness certificate, which you can request from the occupational doctor or health centre (from 18 to 50 years old it is valid for two years and after 50 years old, for one year).
If you are preparing or changing the Crew List of a vessel with an inboard engine, you need a maritime enrolment certificate for the job.
How can you Prepare or change a vessel's Crew List?
You can perform the service face-to-face or online.
At the Online Captaincy Automatic Terminals (TACO), available for use from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the maritime offices buildings.
To carry out the service you must follow the following steps:
- Access to Capitania Online+ (Online Captaincy)
- Authenticate with one of the following options:
- Digital Mobile Key (CMD)
- Citizen Card, smartcard reader and authentication PIN
- access data to the Portal das Finanças (Finances Portal)
- select the type of service - Crew List
- insert the tax identification number (NIF) of the IM's, select the category and function on board, select the number of the maritime document (Seafarer's Number - NM), identify the list and send
- wait for the invoice to be issued after confirmation of the procedure by the Maritime Office
- pay, and send to the National Maritime Authority, through submission on the Capitania Online+ platform
- await validation of the crew list.
The crew list is normally approved within 24 hours after payment.
What is the Price to Prepare or change a vessel's Crew List?
The service costs between 15.30 euros and 122.40 euros, depending on the gross tonnage, and is valid for 365 days.
You can consult the costs in Administrative Decree no. 506/2018, of 2 de October (fees for acts and services provided by the bodies and services of the National Maritime Authority).
What is the support legislation?
Feedback successfully submitted.
Would you like to answer a survey regarding your experience?Answer the survey