Migrants - living and working in Portugal
In this area of the portal you will find information dedicated to migrants and nationals from countries outside the European Union, who want to live, raise a family or open a business in Portugal.
Issues such as obtaining visas, housing support, social subsidies and information on education and work are covered, with a focus on public service procedures.
For information for citizens from European Union countries, please consult the section European Citizens - travelling, living and doing business in Portugal.
Here you can find information for migrants about:
- Visa and permits to enter and live in Portugal
- Finding accommodation and housing in Portugal
- Healthcare in Portugal
- Taxes and Social Security in Portugal
- Working and creating a business in Portugal
- Raising a family in Portugal
- Education in Portugal for children, youth and adults
- Support for human trafficking situations
- Ukraine: Information and support available in Portugal
- Ukraine: Information for refugee citizens living in Portugal
- Ukraine: Information for Portuguese citizens
See also the Migrant Reception Guide of the High Commission for Migrations (ACM).
The Migrant Helpline is available in several languages and aims to clarify migrants' doubts about work, nationality, social security, access to the law and to the courts, consumption, housing, family and minors, among other issues.
The contacts of the Migrant Helpline are 218 106 191 (mobile and foreign network) or 808 257 257 (fixed network), available on business days from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Also find out on the ACM portal what to do in case of discrimination.