Request the exemption from the payment of Social Security contributions
AvisoAs informações sobre atendimento ao público poderão estar desatualizadas face ao estado atual do país.
Confirme a informação atualizada a partir da página COVID-19 (novo coronavírus): informações sobre serviços públicos.
Find out where you can do the service and what the advantages of each channel
Free or charge
In the Social Security Service Counters or Citizen Store Branches that provide the service
Free or charge
At any time, during office hours
Search for a point of service near you:
Who can Request the exemption from the payment of Social Security contributions?
The self-employed workers may be exempt from the payment of contributions when:
- Regarding the relevant average monthly income calculated every three months of the amount 4 times lower the IAS’s amount, they accumulate self-employed activities with the professional activity as a dependent worker, provided that the following conditions are verified:
- the exercise of the two professional activities is provided to two different employers which do not have a relationship of control or group between them
- the exercise of the dependent activity determines the mandatory inclusion on another social protection scheme which covers the total eventualities covered by the self-employed workers’ scheme
- the average monthly income’s amount considered for the other social protection scheme is equal or higher than €435,76 (the IAS’s amount).
- They are simultaneously an invalidity or old age pensioner of national or foreign social protection schemes and the professional activity is legally cumulative with the correspondent pension.
- They are simultaneously the holder of a pension derived from the observance of an occupational risk and suffer from an inability to work equal or higher than 70%.
- In January of the year following the correspondent one, the obligation to pay the previous year’s contributions was observed, as there was no income or given the due contributions’ amount, for the application of the calculated income lower than €20, the reason why the reserve base has been fixed corresponding to the contribution’s amount in this value, and as long as the conditions that determined its application remain.
When can you Request the exemption from the payment of Social Security contributions?
At any time, during the opening hours of the counters. This service is also done online, so it's not subject to schedules or counters.
Where can you Request the exemption from the payment of Social Security contributions?
What are the documents and requirements to Request the exemption from the payment of Social Security contributions?
What is the Price to Request the exemption from the payment of Social Security contributions?
- It is free.
How can you Request the exemption from the payment of Social Security contributions?
- Officiously (at the initiative of the Social Security services) if the determining conditions are observed within the Segurança Social (Social Security) system.
- Through the submission of the exemption request, Mod. RC3001-DGSS, together with the proof of monthly remuneration, if the self-employed worker is included in another social protection system.
You may only submit the request if the Segurança Social (Social Security) is not directly aware of the elements necessary for the attribution of the exemption for the payment of contributions.