Apply for the “Porta 65-Jovem” Programme
The “Porta 65-Jovem” is an incentive programme to the renting by young people. Any young person between 18 and 35 years old may apply (In the case of a young couple, one element may be 36 years old, the other element may not exceed 34).
The support consists of the payment of part of the house rent and may be granted to couples or young people living alone or sharing a house.
Who can apply for the “Porta 65-Jovem” Programme?
When can you apply for the “Porta 65-Jovem” Programme?
You may request this support whenever the applications period is open. As a rule, it opens in April, May, September and December and the dates for the application are published on the housing portal.
What are the documents and requirements to apply for the “Porta 65-Jovem” Programme?
- You will need the following data of every applicant:
- tax payer number
- social security number
- date of birth
- civil status
- degree of relatedness between the individuals who will be living in the same house, if applicable
- phone number
- article and fraction of the house to be rented (usually mentioned on the rent contract, but it is better to confirm if there were any alterations with the lessor)
- date in which the rent or promissory rent contract was signed
- monthly rent value
- type of house (T0, T1, T2, for instance)
- Bank identification number of the bank account where the support shall be deposited
- percentage of disability (if any individual is disabled or handicapped)
- income per category and type (as established in the tax return statement)
- email for communication during the application.
- You will need the following documents:
- the rent or promissory rent contract
- the latest rent receipt (if you submit a rent contract)
- income documentation, which may be:
- the tax return (IRS) of the year prior to the application
- the pay slips of the six months prior to the application (only for the applications to be submitted during the September and December phases)
- the document which proves that the individual receives a scientific, cultural or sports grant
- the document which proves that the individual receives compensation allowances due to no income (unemployment benefit, medical leave or maternity/paternity allowance, for instance)
- a document which proves the disability level, if any of the individuals who will be living in the house is disabled
- the house plan or land booklet which proves the area and number of windowless rooms (if applicable) of the house.
You will need one of the following sign in means
To submit the application, you will need one of the following sign in means to use the Housing Portal:
- access data to the Finances Portal
- Citizen Card, PIN codes and card reader
- Digital Mobile Key.
In certain situations, other documents may be necessary
To access the full list of documents, consult the questions and answers on the Porta 65-Jovem, on the housing portal.
What is the Price to apply for the “Porta 65-Jovem” Programme?
The application is free of charge.
How apply for the “Porta 65-Jovem” Programme?
- Check if the applications to the programme are open. As a rule, it opens in April, May, September and December and the dates for the application are published on the housing portal.
- Access the applications area of the housing portal.
- Sign in with your tax payer number and password of the Finances Portal (or with the Digital Mobile Key or citizen card + PIN code + card reader). If you apply jointly with other individuals, they all must sign in and fill in their data (the children do not need to sign in).
- Fill in the form and annex all the necessary documents.
- After filling in the form, choose the option “Send to IHRU”.
- Make sure that, at the end, the application is under the “submitted” status.
- The requests shall be analysed within 60 days from the closing of applications. The results of the applications approved for the support shall be published on the housing portal.