Sending a notification regarding the marketing of measuring instruments in Portugal (mutual recognition)
In order to market measuring instruments in Portugal that are not yet on the Portuguese market and are already lawfully marketed in at least one European Union (EU) Member State (MS), the economic operator must send a notification of compliance with the requirements for mutual recognition.
There are various measuring instruments, such as manometers, time counters, radar cinemometers, tanks, to name a few.
Procedure and requirements
- Submission of the form by the economic operator
- Examination of the notification
- The form and documentation are analysed by the Portuguese Quality Institute (IPQ).
- If all is in order, the procedure ends there and IPQ notifies the economic operator that the measuring instrument complies with the mutual recognition requirements and may be marketed.
- If the notification is not completed properly, additional information or documents will be requested. Once the applicant has provided this information, a new analysis is conducted to ensure everything is now in order.
Alternatively, you can submit all the necessary documents to the Secretariat of the IPQ Metrology Department.
Time of issue/decision
If you have any queries about the marketing of measuring instruments under the mutual recognition procedure, please contact the IPQ by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.