Obtain informations about the partial unemployment benefit
The partial unemployment benefit is an instalment in cash granted to the employees that have requested or receive an unemployment benefit and begin a dependent activity with a partial contract or a self-employment activity.The benefit’s amount is calculated based on the monthly allowance’s amount, in the case of dependent employment, or based on the gross income of the self-employment activity and on the unemployment benefit’s amount that is or might be received.
AvisoAs informações sobre atendimento ao público poderão estar desatualizadas face ao estado atual do país.
Confirme a informação atualizada a partir da página COVID-19 (novo coronavírus): informações sobre serviços públicos.
Learn where you can carry out the service and what are the advantages of each channel
Who can Obtain informations about the partial unemployment benefit?
The employees who request or receive an unemployment benefit and now exercise a professional activity:
- In the case of dependent employment, on part-time, for a normal weekly work period shorter than the one practiced on full-time on a similar situation, provided that the amount of the work allowance is lower than the amount of the unemployment benefit, or
- In the case of self-employment, provided that the amount of the annual self-employment income is lower than the amount of the unemployment benefit. For this purpose, the income of the self-employed corresponding to 75% of the amount of services provided or 15% of the amount of goods and products sales are deemed relevant, as well as the provision of services carried out within the scope of hotel activities or similar, catering and drinks, earned on the immediately prior civil year.
When can you Obtain informations about the partial unemployment benefit?
Within 90 consecutive days from the date of beginning of professional activity, on the Social Security services.
The submission of the documents after the 90 days, but during the legal concession period of the partial unemployment benefit, implies the reduction on the concession period for the time correspondent to the delay observed.
What are the documents and requirements to Obtain informations about the partial unemployment benefit?
To know more details about the conditions of access to the partial unemployment benefit consult the Social Security’s Portal
How can you Obtain informations about the partial unemployment benefit?
It is not necessary to request this benefit.
Nevertheless, you must submit, within 90 consecutive days from the date of beginning of activity, the following documents:
- in the case of dependent employment:
- part-time employment contract, with the indication of the monthly remuneration.
- in the case of self-employment, documents which proves:
- the type of professional activity carried out
- the gross income (before the taxes) of this activity
- the amount of income assumed for tax purposes, in the case of beginning of activity.